Thursday 12 November 2015

Coasting Along

Hi there
A friend asked if I'd be interested in selling a few things at a craft fair and I thought I'd do my best to pull together a few bits and pieces.  I thought coasters always go down well so I set about altering nine bisque coasters with chalk finish paint and archival ink.  I chose three designs and three colour schemes and created a mix and match set.  I started with a white undercoat and then a mid tone on top and a darker tone on the edges. 


Then followed some stamping in white paint and I'm afraid at that point I got so engrossed I forgot to take pictures. 


 The next step was stamping in different coloured Ranger Archival ink and when that was dry the words were repeatedly stamped in black.  Before the ink was fully set the edges were rubbed with a damp baby wipe to knock the colour back a bit and make the centre stand out.  To tie the layers together some circles and a border were stamped in gold paint and a co-ordinating colour.  The edges were also painted gold.  The coasters were sealed with three layers of matte finish glaze to protect the stamping and give a surface that you can wipe clean with a damp sponge.  To finish they have been backed with a co-ordinating square of felt.




The problem is now they're finished I think they'd make rather good presents for my friends!  I won't be too sorry if no-one buys them ;-)

Materials used:
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint: amethyst, orchid, chocolate pudding, Irish cream, 
eggplant, lilac, snowflake, chalk, vintage lace, old gold, matte glaze
Ranger Archival ink: jet black, coffee, cornflower blue, deep purple
PaperArtsy stamps: EDY09, EDY10, EDY11, HP1006, HP1009
Impression Obsession: solar system
Stampers Anonymous: stuff to say






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx