Friday 8 September 2017

Inspiration on the Street - Lyon and Paris

Hello
And so to the last stage of our big European road trip which saw me on the hunt for street art and craft shops and my husband on the trail of craft beer. This combination worked out really well and I can see us doing it again.

The last stage was back through France where an overnight in Lyon sadly didn't reveal much as the stormy weather was not conducive to wandering around. We did see some dramatic skies though!


This mosaic, completed in 1936, was in Rue de Créqui  just off a square where an outdoor concert was about to begin.


I think this is one of the murals celebrating the work of architect Tony Garnier. There are around 24 murals painted on buildings in a housing project in the east of Lyon.
 

This giant Flower Tree created by Korean pop artist Choi Jeong Hwa was along the bank of the river Rhone.


We will definitely have to visit Lyon again!

Finally to Paris where I was beginning to run out of steam and the weather was very wet at times. I really loved the simplicity of this figure which could have been easily overlooked.


Paris is peppered with mini mosaics by the street artist Invader who bases the images on video games.


We had to keep looking up to catch some of the work.


 


 

This one is a recent 2017 addition and one of my favourites of the whole trip.



 










And so to finish with one of the smaller works but it would be in my top 10 of the trip.


I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of these works and like me, find some inspiration in them for your own creative journey.

Thank you for stopping by xx



3 comments:

  1. My... this isn't the Paris I know... You've just made me discover a whole new world with the street art I wouldn't have noticed, let alone sought, during my trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a long time since I was in Paris and I don't remember all this wonderful art work, mind you I was only about 16! Thank you so much for showing all this beauty with us. Have a great trip back too. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this wonderful Art Street gallery, Claire. Your favorite is also mine, looks a lot like Lina Cavalieri, the beautiful actress thant inspired Fornasetti.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx