Friday 17 August 2018

Age is irr-elephant!

Hello
It's been much easier to do a bit of crafting since the weather has cooled down where I am.

I'm sure I've mentioned before that my lovely husband is very generous and frequently buys me magazines that he thinks I'll like. My next few posts are all using the stamp set from Creative Stamping issue 57. It's a really versatile set and I can see myself coming back to it in the future.

First up...


The background started with a mop-up paper using stencils and Distress Oxide ink spritzed with water. The elephants were stamped and masked off, some shading and the sentiment added. Quick and easy. Thank you for stopping by xx

Materials used:
Creative Stamping issue 57
GiogioCraft stencil: art deco glass, zen leaves
Distress Oxides
Archival ink
Promarkers

6 comments:

  1. Hi Claire,
    How lovely!!!
    Quick card maybe, but fabulous. These elephants make me wish to play with the ones I have from Crafty Ind, a bit similar :)
    And oooh... you're lucky to have a generous husband! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I suspect CI designed the stamps for the magazine they are a very similar style! You can't go wrong with elephants xx

      Delete
  2. Ho cool is this card, mop up paper are sometimes really gorgeous. And the sentiment is brilliant, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing elephant designs! I love the coloring that you used for this card as well. Thanks for the share, hope you have a fantastic rest of your day. Keep up the posts.


    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, elephants always brighten a day! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx