Friday 25 August 2023

Some things get better when you let go

Hello

I've been looking forward to using one of my new stencils from GelliArts designed by Giogiocraft and finally I had the perfect project. 



I cut the top of the frame off the stencil as I didn't want it getting in the way. The Distress ink colours were picked from the August mood board for the #TAWI challenge with Isa. The theme for the month is vellum, combined with a line of three prompts from a 'tic-tac-toe' grid. I went with label, bird and swirls.

As usual I started off with every intention of taking photos...and then completely forgot! After using Distress ink through the stencil and on the edges, I stamped some background swirls in Distress ink and some bolder ones in black Archival ink.


The bird, foliage and flowers were cut with a Sizzix die from vellum and coloured with Inktense pencils. I found a handy little vellum tag which hopefully counts as a label, and some words from an old booklet. To finish off I added some pearls and spatters.



I was able to make a card with the remaining vellum die cuts.


It turned out better than I expected as I always find vellum a bit tricky. Not sure if I prefer the blue or the pink bird. Let me know what you think.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day xx




4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see giogiocraft stencils used here, Giovanna is a very talented Italian crafter and her stencils are always so beautiful! Love how you used them for both the tag and card, and that cute vellum bird looks great in both the colours! There are a lot of fabulous details to see, and love how you coloured the vellum with pencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to smile when you said you had forgotten to take the photo. I often forget to take enough photos as my little brain is concentrating on the process Hee! Hee! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card, full of gorgeous layers with a lovely palette. And cutting the frame out of the stencil...I did too :-). My next stencils for GelliArts are without frame (at least two of three)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your idea to cut out the stencil was inspired! A lovely stencil by the way...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx