Friday 1 September 2023

Moving swiftly on

Hello

It feels as if summer has already left us and our beautiful swifts are headed back to Africa. I took a bit of time away from paper crafting and card making for a bit of painting, trying to hold on to the summer feel for as long as possible.


Here are some of the steps...




I used some of Giogiocraft stencils to get the foliage started...



It very much is the view from my west facing balcony on a summer evening. I'm already counting the days until the swifts return next spring.

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are very much welcomed. Have a lovely day x









4 comments:

  1. A lovely painting, both relaxing and nostalgic. The clouds and the swifts give a beautiful feel of movement and Gio's stencils seem just perfect for the foreground! It's interesting see the steps you made.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful artwork. I think you're right summer is just about finished for this year. Hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely painting, Claire. I also tried to get some painting this summer but found out to my great chagrin that watercolour paper does go off... or to be precise the sizing (coating) that prevents the colour sinking in the paper. I do have a lot of old paper since I started card making and scrapbooking. Looking forward to that extra hour in bed tomorrow, shame about the cold weather coming in and the short days. Still, hope you are having a good time and taking time to play with the meerkats! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that about watercolour paper! I will have to sort through my stash and use up some of the 'good stuff' I've been hanging on to!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx