Sunday 2 July 2017

Hot July brings cooling showers...

Hello there
It's the first Sunday of the month and time for the next verse of The Craft Barn's Twelve Month Challenge, based on Sarah Coleridge's poem The Months.

Hot July brings cooling showers,
Apricots and gillyflowers.


I really enjoyed making this one, I think because of the lovely warm colours. Of course I had to look up what a gillyflower was! I went with the old fashioned definition of a sweet scented flower, typically a pink carnation or stock.

Do pop over to the blog to see what everyone comes up with for this month. Meanwhile enjoy the summer and fingers crossed for more of the hot sun and less of the cooling showers! xxx


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to not commenting on this make Claire... Absolutely gorgeous and so well done!!!!
    Love, love this delightful scene. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx