Sunday 20 September 2020

Gorgeous gelli

Hello

Hope you've had a lovely weekend. The past week has been a bit chaotic, but after some much needed sleep, I've had another go at gel monoprinting with leaves. My mother-in-law kindly picked and pressed a variety of leaves and posted them. I also treated myself to a few more colours of Golden Open acrylic paint. They definitely make a huge difference and help to get all of the fine details. I've gone for something a bit more autumnal.


I can't recommend Kim Herringe's workshop via her online portal The Studio enough. She takes you through the printing process, the best equipment to use, composition, how to make your own registration board, how to mount work and how to make your own gel plate.

It's quite addictive so now I just have to think of what to do with all the prints. Any suggestions?

Thank you for taking the time to look. Enjoy the rest of your day xxx

3 comments:

  1. They are rather gorgeous sheets, love the colours.
    I use my gelli prints as backing papers for cards and ATCs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I’m thinking cards or notelets too.

      Delete
  2. Great, you've found some ferns which are my favourite. These look brilliant and all you have to do now is use them unlike myself who tends to hoard them away which is quite silly really! Loving the colour combo too. If there are any you particularly like you could scan them and just use the prints. They would make lovely autumn birthday cards or box covers for boxes filled with Halloween goodies or to decorate gift bags too. Have a great week. Hugs, Angela XxX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx