Monday 3 January 2022

Gone fishing

Hello and Happy New Year

I wish you good health and happiness in 2022...and of course lots of crafty inspiration.

Christmas and New Year are always a bit hectic but I have managed a few hours to have a bit of a play in the craft room.

I've been wondering what to do with this background for a while.

 

It was made ages ago by sprinkling Cosmic Shimmer pixie powders and spritzing them with a water mister, but the colours are a bit too intense for what I usually want. I decided to wet it again and lay watercolour paper on top to lift the colour...

 


...and ended up with a bunch of new papers with more subtle colours, perfect for stamping over. I stamped the moon and masked it off, leaving a bit of a halo around it.

 

Then added a little hickory smoke distress oxide ink all over, but keeping the centre lighter, followed by blueprint sketch on the lower half. I used a waterbrush to soften the edges of the moon and allowed the colours to bleed a little. 

More stamping was added to build up a scene.

Highlights were added with white gel pen and a few darker ripples in pencil. (You can read my review of a variety of white gel pens here.)

And so the crafting year is off to a start. I've signed up to join a Mixed Media Art Summit in February and I'm looking forward to joining Isa for a monthly tagalong. I have spent my Christmas present pennies on some crafting goodies, my lovely husband has given me a two year subscription to Creative Stamping magazine and I've been given a lot of watercolour books, so watch this space!

I hope your year is off to a creative start. Thank you for stopping by xx



 

 


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx