Sunday 23 April 2023

Strut your stuff

Hello

I've been off on holiday to Sicily, being inspired by the magnificent landscapes and ancient monuments. Plenty to draw and paint...sometime...in the future...when life is less busy. Now I'm catching up with a bit of crafting as the birthday card box is looking a bit empty. 

I wanted to batch make some cards but not have too many the same, so I stuck to one technique and repeating colours.

First step was to stamp the Katzelkraft cat on watercolour paper and mask it off using sticky note paper. Next I smooshed the Distress Ink on the mat, spritzed it with water and swiped the card through it. I added some splatters in the same scattered straw and also peacock feathers.

Next step was to stencil swirls using a Giogiocraft stencil in scattered straw and picked raspberry.

I masked off the centre of the card and added a border before adding colour to the cat with watercolour pencil.

I've left space for the option to add a greeting at a later stage.

I tried a second one and added in a little extra stencilling with one of the lovely Giogiocraft gates.


I love these jaunty cats. Now I wonder where she's off to? 

I hope this week brings a spring to your step. Thank you for stopping by xxx











3 comments:

  1. Once again, prefer the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat is brilliant it looks as though it thinks it owns the place with it's nose in the air xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the first design would be perfect for envelopes and both are lovely, the cat is fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx