Monday 14 March 2022

Card in a tin

Hello

Friday saw me back at Chertsey Museum for a card making workshop. The curator challenged me to come up with a project to use up some tins they had been given. This was a re-run of a workshop from 2020 just before activities across the world were paused for COVID.

The first time round my samples looked like this...

 

This time I was a bit more flamboyant...

 

It's a lovely idea for a special celebration card. The cardboard sleeve keeps the lid on, looks great and means you don't need to wrap it up.


The museum has a group of regular attendees, some are seasoned crafters, some newbies to the hobby and some started off with no experience and are now pretty amazing. I always try to think of ideas that can be as simple or as difficult as they want and always...ALWAYS...allow for people to do their own thing. Nothing worse than a workshop where the tutor gets in a strop if you deviate from their design...done a few of those.

The ladies said I could share their creations.






I think they did brilliantly and a lot of fun was had.

Thank you popping by. Have a great week with lots of crafty fun xx



2 comments:

  1. You right they did really well. I know what you mean about tutors who don't like you to adjust the project which surprises me as they might learn something too. I know the Retiform technique looks difficult that you saw over at mine but it's quite easy really if you start on a small piece of card rather than making the Masterboards that I do. Have a lovely week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, genius! :D You must had fun with the ladies, and really your samples are beautiful, and a lovely idea for a special gift, bravo Claire!!!
    A great workshop, the makes by the attendees are all very pretty... You must be a good teacher (I'm sure you are, that's my feeling from long).
    That's very good times sharing our passion, aren't they?
    Happy weekend
    Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx