Monday 24 August 2015

Adorned and adored

Last year I treated myself to the extra large bottle of Dior's J'adore just so that I could have the marvellous gift box with the magnetic clip!  Finally I have had time to work on it just in time for a friend's birthday.  Inspired by the work of Giovanna Zara and her blog, Scrap in Progress, I set to.  The first stage was sticking on die cuts and embellishments, giving it all a coat of gesso and then using Dylusions ink sprays to create a coloured base.


I added a little yellow and orange paint to the base layer and the box was dry brushed with white paint to knock the colours back a bit and create some highlights.  I used Viva Decor Maya Gold paints to bring out the letters and using a sponge, added a slight shimmer over the whole box.  Further highlights were added with gilding waxes. Et voilĂ !


 





Materials used: 
various die cuts and embellishments
Ranger Multi Medium: matte
Dylusions Ink Sprays: funky fuchsia, post box red, squeezed orange
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint: yellow submarine, autumn fire, snowflake
Viva Decor Maya Gold; magenta, lilac
Treasure Gold: white fire
Creative Expressions Metallic Gilding Wax: patina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx