Thursday 23 June 2016

K is for Keyhole

An unexpectedly clear day has meant I can treat myself to some crafting time. This fortnight's letter on The Craft Barn dictionary challenge is K. I thought this would be a brilliant opportunity to try out some rusting powder that I bought ages ago on a keyhole. I wanted something fun and quirky to sit comfortably next to my jungle page...


Materials used:
Papermania owl stamp
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint
PaperArtsy rusting powder

Sunday 12 June 2016

A Little Birdie...

A couple more cards, again using GiogioCraft stencils for the background and stamped Dylusions birds.

Tuesday 7 June 2016

T is for Time

I was delighted that my number came up for a £10 voucher from The Craft Barn for my last entry to the dictionary challenge. I will have no problem spending it! The new letter is T and I felt I had to go with Time as this is something I never seem to have enough of.  Sometimes I know I don't enjoy what I'm doing as I'm fretting about what comes next. Remember the Now is the perfect sentiment for me.

Can you spot the deliberate mistake?!

Materials used:
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint: snowflake,  blue oyster, vintage lace, taupe
Archival Ink: coffee, cornflower blue, jet black
Distress Ink: weathered wood
Papermania: beautiful time pieces
GiogioCraft: vortex spiral
Stampers Anonymous: clockwork, handwritten thoughts
tissue tape

Monday 6 June 2016

Typewriter Greetings

Another card with the new GiogioCraft stencil directional drops (except I used the chevron part of the stencil) and a much loved Creative Expressions stamp.

Sunday 5 June 2016


I was so excited yesterday to receive my order of Giovanna Zara's new stencils.  The full range is available through DaWanda and you can see her great project ideas and tutorials on her blog. In line with her ethos, the packaging is all recyclable (or more likely upcyclable as nothing gets wasted), and each one comes with a sheet of very pretty backing paper which will get put to good use.


I've made a lot of backgrounds ready to go so they'll be appearing on my blog over the next few days as I get them made into cards.  Most of the backgrounds were made by stamping Distress Ink pads on a craft sheet, spritzing and dipping the card in the ink, then using the stencils with the corresponding inks over the top.

Now to see if I can get all of the ink off my fingers before work tomorrow!