Saturday 5 September 2015

Gelli plate soup

Hi
On the very last day of my long summer holiday I finally had time to revisit the fabulous Journal Soup 2 tutorials by Kate Crane.   I had an enormous amount of fun getting messy with the Gelli plate and returned to work with paint encrusted fingers and nails.

People who know me will no doubt agree that I can't follow instructions without making my own changes and this was no different!  I chose the option of stamping on tissue paper, not to avoid mistakes, but because it allowed me to paint colour on to the back.  The result is that my creations are probably not as bold as Kate's.  I blended some Stabilo All pencil with water around the images to create a faint shadow.  I also used Fresco Finish Chalk Paint which dries quite quickly and so the background colours are not as blended.  Overall I was fairly pleased with the results and would definitely use the techniques again.





Materials used:
Gelli Plate
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish chalk paints
The Crafters Workshop stencil: mini circle explosion
Stampers Anonymous: stuff to say
PaperArtsy: EDY05
Pam Carriker stamp: Ophelia
Katzelkraft: KTZ118, Chatool KTZ63
Kaisercraft Clear Stamps: edges, film edges
black and white gel pen, Stabilo All pencil




2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx