Sunday 6 August 2017

Street Art in Bristol

Hi there
I'm just back from a fantastic weekend in Bristol celebrating my wedding anniversary. We had a lot of fun on the trail of street art and good beer...a match made in heaven. I took around one hundred photos but I've picked out a few of my favourites.

I'll start with the paintings by Banksy because they are probably the most well known. 

  

  

 

  

First up my top three...

I think this painting by Andrew Burns Colwill was my absolute favourite because of the power of the picture, the subtle images in the shadows and the very serious message it conveys.

 

This painting by Conor Harrington takes the whole side of a building. I love how dynamic and elegant it is.


This mural by Xenz and Will Barras is astonishing. There are layers and layers of images hidden in the scene. Zoom in and see what you can find.
 

 We found little gems around unexpected corners...


 ...and some rather larger pieces!











 
 
   










 


I hope you've enjoyed these as much as I have. A really inspiring weekend. Not to mention we found the best ice cream I've had in a very long time at College Green...and no that's not forced perspective it was huge!!!


Thank you for taking the time to visit. xxx




2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!
    Thanks for sharing all these paintings Claire, they are fabulous.
    I think my favourite is the same as you, but really love several others too!
    What a marvellous way to celebrate your anniversary! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic art work Claire, bet you had a brilliant time. There seems to be loads of wedding anniversaries this month but I guess that's not surprising. Have a lovely weekend too, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx