Friday 2 July 2021

Bear princess

Hello

I'm sharing another mainly one layer card today. I challenged myself to see if I could do something with the Pink Ink bear hugs stamp that would be a bit more feminine.

 


I made a mask for the bear and crown by stamping the images on paper and cutting out. I used the inner oval and outside frame of a Clarity oval stencil.

First I positioned the paper bear mask to give me an idea where it was going and stamped the crown. 

Then I masked off the crown, put the frame in place and stamped the bear slightly overlapping the crown, so it wasn't perched on the top of its head.

With outside frame, bear and crown mask in place the script was added using a Giogiocraft stencil.

Keeping the crown mask on and swapping the outside frame for the inner oval, another Giogiocraft stencil was used for the flowers. The arcs were added with a PaperArtsy stamp.

I traced around the edge of the oval with a gel pen and added squiggles. Then two shades of grey Promarker for shadows around the bear and the oval.

Finally the bear was coloured with Inktense pencils and a waterbrush.

The sentiment was stamped, embossed and added separately. The only bit that isn't flat.

I like how she is leaning out of the frame.


A good card for my strong, courageous female friends who fight for what they treasure and believe in. I am blessed to have several of these awesome people in my life.

Thank you for stopping by. Hope you have a lovely day xxx


 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. The colours tend to more traditional feminine colours but the card is pretty gender neutral really. And I see you are rocking the one layer with dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, this is definitely very feminine but I would have had to finish it off with a pink bow but that's just me and maybe that's too girly Lol! Hope you are having a lovely creative week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx