Sunday 31 March 2019

Winter Wildfowl

Hello
It's been a long while since I've posted anything but I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things. I thought I'd share the picture I made for my mother for Mothers Day. Some time ago she decorated her spare room and said she'd like a picture. She's a birdwatcher and I thought a winter scene would go well with the colours.



I used a reference photo I found online but I can't find it now. If anyone recognises it I would happily credit them. 


Her wall is the colour of the water, unlike mine! I think a gold frame will lift the painting.




Originally the swans were a bit chunky...you can see my alterations if you look closely!


My gaze is drawn to the snowy hills between the trees, my mother says she looks at the birds...I'd be interested to know where your focal point is.

Thank you for stopping by. xxx




6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I adore this, Claire. Wonderful painting, I envy you to be able to make such exquisite scene, apparently easily for you :)
    I'm much impressed. There are so many beautiful details, and the whole painting is really great.
    Should try maybe to do something like this one day, starting from a photo!
    Hugs and thanks, happy to visit you this night where I can't sleep :) Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horrible when you can't sleep. I will often imagine designs and me painting when I am trying to get back to sleep. Unfortunately I don't then remember them in the morning! Hope you have sweet dreams tonight xx

      Delete
  2. Wonderful painting Claire, it's very atmospheric, the drawing is faultless. As focal point goes, my eye is taken from the swans first then into the painting through the trees to the distant hills, which is probably the idea! Lucky mum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly beautiful Claire. Well, despite all those birds :-) my focal point is the trees, they catch my attention straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece of art Claire. Bet she loved it. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx