Wednesday 25 March 2020

Nature's masterpiece

Hello
Like many I am having to work from home at present which has given me flexibility and bonus time when I am not commuting. I'm trying to use this positively...which mostly means crafting...and also trying to do something I wouldn't have been doing otherwise.

A friend and I got together and started off some backgrounds in a journal at the start of the year, well I reckon now is the time to do something with it. I am challenging myself to try lettering and doodling to get a little out of my comfort zone. I'm also going to use my precious laser cuts from Giogiocraft, that I have been saving for something special. To keep on track my friend and I are video calling each week to share what we've been up to.

First up...
'The family is one of nature's masterpieces'
 - George Santayana




Sending lots of love to you all. Stay resilient and stay well xxx


4 comments:

  1. Superb lettering Claire!!!
    And I love your little family too, it looks beautiful on your journal page, with this wonderful border also perfect. Did you use one of Gio's stencils for this ??
    Sending love too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have the stencils but these are the laser cut craft card pieces, gessoed then painted. I think I might be Gio's biggest fan I do seem to have a lot of her stencils!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful images Claire. The elephant family is so special and I'm loving the border and the lettering too. I had a closer look at the background detail gorgeous stencilling. Take care and have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Indian vibe is unmissable (well I say Indian could be Thai for all I know, but Asian anyhow!). The background is gorgeous, all soft colours and soft images.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx