Wednesday 1 April 2020

Colours and Rainbow

Hello
Today is day one of the craft challenge set by Giogiocraft on Instagram #craftingwithgiogio. I have tried to combine the theme of colours and rainbow together with my art journal.

Rainbows are made of small raindrops. 
Happy lives are made from acts of kindness.
Amit Ray


The background is made with Inktense pastels, Distress Oxides through a script stencil and white acrylic paint through a cloud stencil. I then cut a paper skyline to use as a stencil with Distress Ink, and added a little pencil shading.


I then drew around the Giogiocraft balloon die cuts and painted in the backgrounds, before stamping the compass and script. Turn your face to the sun and the shadows will always fall behind you - Walt Whitman.


Finally the die cuts were added and the quotation written around the balloons.



Following a craft challenge is a good way to keep things fresh and try something you wouldn't otherwise do. Next theme is home sweet home...need to get my thinking cap on.

Hope you are all keeping safe and well. Thank you for looking xxx

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I haven't seen yet that Gio has launched a challenge!! Great idea, I don't know if I will be able to join, if I can I will do of course!
    Great pages here Claire, these balloons are wonderful! Hugs and happy crafting again today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this sunset sky and the silhouetted balloons! Lovely page Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've interpreted the rainbow colours, great journal pages. Hugs, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx