Monday 19 December 2022

Deck the halls

Hello

I'm in the final throes of holiday preparations before relatives arrive. Not much time for crafting but I have managed to finish off a few decorations started earlier in the year.

Back in June a friend and I shared our moulds and had a mammoth resin pouring afternoon. The result looked like this ...

Most of the pieces are waiting to be used but I did get around to the Christmas decorations.

First a base of PaperArtsy fresco finish paint on the larger decorations...followed by Pentart sparkling gel medium.

Lastly a gentle rub over with gold gilding wax.

 The blue decorations are going on presents and the stars are on the tree.

My husband brought me back some decorations from Ukraine and Poland at the start of the year. I've used a base layer of metallic paint.


I spread glue on the decorations and sprinkled on Stampendous frantage embossing powders before heating. The embossing powder is quite textured, but when you heat it on the glue it bubbles and becomes extra crusty!

 

I'm afraid in the absence of any decent sunlight at this time of year, the sparkle doesn't show that well. These will look lovely on presents...if I can find time to get on with the wrapping!

Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely week xx


1 comment:

  1. I am so loving these especially the moulded set they are gorgeous how you've painted them and the guilding wax...perfection! xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx