Monday 30 January 2023

Feeling blue

Hello

A bonus challenge with Isa this month was to create a tag that is completely monochromatic, no black, no white. 

I started by gathering together various inks in blue. First I gave everything a pale blue wash with Brusho...no white remember!


The blue was paler on the elephant but still there...honestly.

Next I used my new hamsa amulet stencil from GiogioCraft with the grey-blue weathered wood Distress Ink. Then I forgot to take any more photos!

The stamps were from Creative Stamping magazine issue 93. The elephant was layered up using foam pads.


It was a really tricky project and not very satisfying. I'm still itching to give it some white splatters or highlights! It was, however, a good exercise in appreciating 'value' and contrast in projects if you want them to be cohesive and grab interest.

I'd be interested to know what you think. Your comments are always welcome.

Have a lovely week...full of colour and contrast! xxx

2 comments:

  1. I agree, without the white and black the range of values cannot give the best contrast, but, it is an exercise and this reduced range is enough for backgrounds. The layered image is great for a bit of oomph to the tag.
    Better hop to my blog now... tomorrow is a new challenge at Country View! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx