Saturday 30 May 2020

The fox and the raven

Hello
Hope you have all been keeping well. I've been having a bit of a play this week with my new set of Derwent inktense pencils. With hindsight I should have started with making a colour chart, but I was a bit ambitious and decided to jump straight in with a picture.

I started with a Hobby Art Stamps image of a house viewed through a tree tunnel...
 
  
 

At this stage it nearly went in the bin, but I convinced myself that the purpose was to get the feel of the pencils and I carried on...


I'm reasonably happy with the end result and have forced myself to stop tinkering with it. I do love how the pencils can be layered and layered, but next time I need better paper from the outset.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely week xxx


3 comments:

  1. Hi Claire thanks for the lovely comment over at mine. I think maybe just jumping in worked, sometimes we can spend so much time thinking things out the it stifles the imagination and to be honest I am guilty of not starting the thing at all Lol! It's beautiful so well done. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It looks like a book illustration, makes me think of the grand' ma house of the Red riding hood story! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire. Thanks for all your lovely comments over at mine. Have a great crafty weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx