Friday 20 November 2020

Something Less Boring

Hello

Hope you are keeping well. Here in the UK it definitely feels as if autumn is on the way out and winter is creeping in. The light has been pretty terrible for painting and crafting.

I haven't been up to much since the last post but I have managed to do a couple of workshops with the fabulous Liddy and Something Less Boring. They really are expertly delivered and great value. One of the best things for me that has come out of coronavirus restrictions was finding them online.

Last weekend it was a whole morning painting a still life of flowers in the style of modern impressionism. This is what I had achieved at the end of the workshop...


...but it was a bit pale for me and I couldn't resist tweaking a bit. This is what I ended up with...

 


 



I also spent an evening painting this cheeky chap.


The workshop was raising money for Cancer Research, a win all round.

Not sure if there will be much in the way of celebrations for Christmas this year, but I think it's about time I turned my attention to a few Christmas cards. Glad I got started in August!

Thank you for stopping by. Hope you have a lovely weekend xxx

 


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Claire, love the teddy but the flowers are stunning. I've joined in a Monthly workshop at The Creative Craft Academy, it's all Mixed Media. I seem to have been making more cards than anything and felt I wanted to get back to some 3D and Mixed Media and their projects are really good value just finished the first one I've had and will post it on my blog soon. Take care and have a lovely crafty weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting looks lovely Claire! I'm amazed at how much you've achieved in a morning's worth of painting! As to the initial version being a little pale, more contrast with added darks is always a good idea in painting and I do think it has injected more "life" into it. Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx