Sunday 3 July 2022

Musical stitches

Hello

I'm all a bit out of sync this week as I have come down with a horrid cold. The result of being cocooned for more than two years and then daring to mingle with people...and their germs!

I've been joining in with the #tagalongwithIsa challenges on FB and this month I thought I'd have a go at the ATC swap. The theme is music and stitching.

I started with a background stamp over Distress Oxide ink, and coloured the keys in with white gel pen. 

I used gel medium through a GiogioCraft stencil and sprinkled over red embossing powder. When heated it gives a lovely bubbly textured finish.

 


I'm not a big sewer and although I have a sewing machine, it's not been out in decades. I pricked a pattern out on card and then sewed through the holes to create the chevrons.

 


Last of all I added the words from a set of Joy! stamps and a few red spatters. I'll find out in due course who I am swapping with.

Hope this week brings you some fine tunes to dance to. Thank you for stopping by xxx





2 comments:

  1. Not an easy theme or format! You managed both really well, Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting designs and lots of gorgeous detail and texture Love your choice of colours too. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx