I've been looking forward to using one of my new stencils from GelliArts designed by Giogiocraft and finally I had the perfect project.
I cut the top of the frame off the stencil as I didn't want it getting in the way. The Distress ink colours were picked from the August mood board for the #TAWI challenge with Isa. The theme for the month is vellum, combined with a line of three prompts from a 'tic-tac-toe' grid. I went with label, bird and swirls.
As usual I started off with every intention of taking photos...and then completely forgot! After using Distress ink through the stencil and on the edges, I stamped some background swirls in Distress ink and some bolder ones in black Archival ink.
The bird, foliage and flowers were cut with a Sizzix die from vellum and coloured with Inktense pencils. I found a handy little vellum tag which hopefully counts as a label, and some words from an old booklet. To finish off I added some pearls and spatters.
I was able to make a card with the remaining vellum die cuts.
It turned out better than I expected as I always find vellum a bit tricky. Not sure if I prefer the blue or the pink bird. Let me know what you think.
Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day xx