Friday 4 August 2023

Evening in the garden

Hello

Once again I seem to have time for crafting or blogging, not both! I have had a bit of time in the craft room making birthday cards.

The cards started off with gel plate printed backgrounds. These were made with a layer of dye based ink brayered onto the plate, followed by a sprinkle of Brusho crystal pigment and a spritz with water. It doesn't take long to make a stack of lovely backgrounds.

I used mostly Lavinia and Card-Io stamps, starting with lighter shades of dye based ink in the background and black Archival ink in the foreground.

Then the time consuming bit is adding in all the detail to create more depth, using Posca paint pens, white gel pen and Inktense pencils. To finish off the edges were darkened with Distress ink.



Another card...

Thank you for stopping by. Hope you have a lovely day xx



2 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty... I have never tried Brushos on ink brayered Gelli plate and I am storing the idea for later use! I may even get time this weekend as the weather might keep us indoors! Hope you have a great one yourself. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brushos background is fabulous and just perfect for this evening garden scene! So magical!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx